Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sweet Pool

Somehow my taste for translating has picked up again >.< I have picked up translating sweet pool again, and have almost (I meant it!) finished translating script #31. Bof, it was tiring, but this time, i only needed the dictionary for some parts only. Japanese level-up! But most of the time, I think I only understand cos my chinese is not bad haha.

Talking about Sweet Pool, let me rant for a while...
I can't feel the love from Sweet Pool, I mean, it's not a bad thing, in fact it's great! The taglines of the series was "Koi mo naku" = "Not love"; it's something deeper, and to that aspect, I have felt that there's something dark and something mysterious that has engulfed me whenever I played the VN. I could feel Tetsuo's care and concern for Youji, but somehow, the love between them was always surpressed and the two never seemed to be able to convey openly how they felt about each other. Maybe they did, but then again, they didn't. It's somewhere in between and the fine line between love and acquintance is blurred. It makes the player think and think and anticipate, but somehow the climax didn't quite come. I guess that's what's so special about the title.

All Nitro+Chiral titles have such a feeling to them...well I didn't play Lamento so I wouldn't know T.T
I'm saving up to go to Comiket this december...don't know ifI'll make it in time haha.
Well thens, back to translating~

No comments: